Lemberg Law “American Dream” $1,250 Undergraduate Scholarship
Torch held aloft, the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor reflects America’s promise to immigrants. Freedom, fueled by democracy, beckons newcomers from around the world. They come to our shores filled with hope that, with perseverance and hard work, they will be able to fulfill their American Dream.
Lemberg Law’s Managing Attorney, Sergei Lemberg, understands the call of Lady Liberty. He arrived to the U.S. at the age of 15 as a refugee from the former Soviet Union. He attended college at Brandeis University and law school at the University of Pennsylvania. Now, as one of the top consumer attorneys in the U.S., he has achieved his American Dream.
Because Sergei Lemberg understands the challenges of being a newcomer to America, Lemberg Law wants to give a hand up to immigrants who dedicated to pursuing higher education. The firm is offering a $1,250 scholarship to an immigrant student inspired to learn more about the U.S. legal system.
Applications for the Lemberg Law American Dream Scholarship are due by 11:59 p.m. EST on March 31, 2018. Apply now!
Who are we looking for?
- Students who are interested in the law, AND
- Students who are immigrants to the U.S., AND
- Students who are U.S. citizens, DACA recipients, or legal permanent residents, AND
- A high school senior (Class of 2018) who plans to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the U.S. during the 2018-2019 school year, OR
- An undergraduate student who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the U.S. during the 2018-2019 school year
If this sounds like you, you should apply.
What do we need from you?
We don’t need much. We need a few bits of information and an essay (maximum of 2,000 characters, or about 400 words) about interesting differences between the U.S. legal system and that of your country of origin.
What happens after the March 31 deadline?
Members of the Lemberg Law team will review all of the submissions. We’ll select the scholarship winner based on the originality, creativity, and quality of the submitted essay. We’ll notify the winner by April 30, 2018. When we receive the winner’s proof of immigration/citizenship status and proof of enrollment at their college or university, we’ll send a check to be used toward tuition and fees.