Lemberg Law $1,250 Undergraduate Scholarship
The American Dream. A promise that success, prosperity, and fulfillment are attainable by any and all residents of this country. But the cloud that hangs over the American Dream is the hard truth that the playing field isn’t level. For example, big businesses can put the squeeze on consumers, depriving them of their rights and skirting (or even breaking) the law.
Lemberg Law’s Managing Attorney, Sergei Lemberg, has spent his professional life standing up to businesses that push consumers around. He fights automakers that manufacture lemons. He goes toe-to-toe with debt collection agencies that harass people with overdue debts. He holds employers’ feet to the fire when they steal wages from their workers. Perhaps his own immigration story fuels his commitment to ensuring that all who reside in the U.S. have access to the American Dream.
Sergei Lemberg is keen to level the playing field for college students, which is why Lemberg Law is offering a $1,250 scholarship to a student who is inspired to learn about lemon law, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, or wage and overtime law.
Applications for the Lemberg Law Lemberg Law $1,250 Undergraduate Scholarship must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 10, 2019.
Who are we looking for?
- Students who are interested in consumer law, AND
- Students who are U.S. citizens, DACA recipients, or legal permanent residents, AND
- A high school senior (Class of 2020) who plans to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the U.S. during the 2020-2021 school year, OR
- An undergraduate student who will be enrolled full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the U.S. during the 2020-2021 school year
If this sounds like you, you should apply.
What do we need from you?
Not much! We’ll need a few bits of information about you, along with:
- A meme, graphic, or gif aimed at engaging the public with the topic of lemon law, debt collection harassment, or overtime pay. It should include both text and graphical elements, and measure approximately 2000 pixels x 2000 pixels.
- A 15-word caption to accompany the meme, graphic, or gif.
What happens after the December 10 deadline?
Members of the Lemberg Law scholarship team will review all of the submissions and select a winner. After we receive the winner’s proof of enrollment at their college or university, we’ll send a check (payable to the college/university) to be used toward tuition and fees.